Instructions for using Kaspersky Update Utility 3
After downloading and unzipping the archive, you will see some files similar to the following:
- UpdateUtility-Console start the console version of the utility.
- UpdateUtility-Gui start the graphical version of the add-on.
- updater.ini is the utility configuration file.
- ReleaseNotes.txt contains current version widget notes.
Step 1: Below is the manual for the graphical version of the utility, run the file UpdateUtility-Gui and click the button Applications.
Step 2: Select the Kaspersky Lab product for which you need to update the database.
Step 3: In the window Kaspersky Update Utility, click Settings.
Step 4: In section Download, specify the specific update folder and temporary directory.
Step 5: Press Start and wait for the download to complete.
Once the updates are downloaded, a subdirectory Updates will be created in the specified directory. You can copy it to a removable drive or share access to it (eg by FTP or SMB); Kaspersky Lab products will use it to update the database.
- Update via internal network without Internet access: open network access to directory Updates and designate it as the update source in the Kaspersky Lab product from which you downloaded the database.
- Update locally (using removable media): folder copy Updates to removable drive or USB flash drive, connect it to the computer to be updated and specify the directory Updates on removable media as the source of updates in Kaspersky Lab.