Picasais a free Google product that is state-of-the-art and convenient photo viewing, syncing, sharing and management software. Picasa With Google’s search and index technology, your digital photos scattered across your computer become easy to manage and share. What’s more, it’s completely free.
Google has decided to suspend the Picasa application to focus on a single photo service Google Photos – A new, smarter photo app that syncs across desktop, web, and mobile devices. Learn more about Google Photos in the apps below:
Some of the latest changes by Picasa
- Picasa has just added the ability to automatically upload all photos and videos on your computer to the social network Google+. Users will have two main options, one is to upload a full size photo (original image), the number of photos depends on the size of your Google account, and the second is to upload an unlimited number of images / account size. the maximum image width will be 2048px. Photos after uploading to Google+ will be in the section Auto Backup of Google+, only you can see it and you can also share it directly to your Google+ page. To see pictures after uploading, go to your Google+ page, go to Photos> in the menu above click More> Auto Backup.
- Integrated feature Google+ Auto Backup on Desktop platforms.
- Added support for RAW format of newer digital cameras.
- Increase the ability to process multiple image files at the same time.
- Increase the maximum upload capacity from 50MB to 100MB.
- Removed Edit in Creative Kit function.
Some of the main features of Picasa
- Look at the photos: browse and view images as thumbnails, and details … just like image browsers.
- Handling: Can edit image, brightness, … especially allows batch file renaming, screen saver, color effects …
- Share: This is probably the outstanding feature of Picasa today. Users can print out paper, email, post on their Blog on Blogger.com quickly. Besides the feature given to Blogger.com there is also a Web album feature! Uploading to Web Album is easy with Picasa or done from the Web.
- Manage: Second standout feature of Picasa. Picasa will automatically find all your image files and put them in central management in Picasa. From here, you will have a complete grasp of your image files in your computer and manage them in real time and folder. In addition, for each image file, Picasa also allows us to enter keywords for easy searching and caption to place notes. For each folder containing images we can enter Description. Especially, you can create Album to manage pictures scattered throughout the computer in a central way.